Today I’m proud to be celebrating over 20 years in business and 3 decades as a qualitative researcher!
After finishing a Psychology and Education degree at Auckland University back in the eighties I dived head first into the world of qualitative research and have thrived there ever since.
Over the last 30 years I’ve worked in New Zealand and Australia for a suite of blue chip clients, including a significant number of multinationals in a variety of categories.
I love the experience of truly feeling and understanding the consumer’s relationship with the world and the brand under study and in groups you’ll see me barefoot, empathetic and inquisitive!
I recognise the key power of this understanding is in the translation back to client in terms of pragmatic insight that fuels incisive strategy and forward action.
Now Collaborating With:
Consumer Insights & Marketing,
Sarah is one of the most experienced researchers in Australasia having worked in all aspects of market research for the last 30 years in Australia, New Zealand, broader Asia region and the UK.
Sarah Brown will be able to step in and help where the brief requires a combo of Qual and Quant.
Or, if Quant is the better short term solution to our research objectives, Sarah can help whilst I can still bring my strategic and brand knowledge expertise to the table in the collaborative analysis.
Sarah can even write the research brief for you if you need help there
In 2003 set up Sarah Brown & Associates (Australia) and subsequently (New Zealand)
Highly skilled Quantitative researcher. Specialist in U&A, segmentation, conjoint research, pricing, packaging, creative development, NPD, brand tracking, customer satisfaction, ad testing and ad hoc projects.
- Sensory Research specialist (Consumer & Applied Science Degree)
- Launched Colmar Brunton Sydney’s Sensory Business arm in 1989
- Managing Director of Colmar Brunton Research 1990-1995
- Awarded the IWFCI Business Woman of the Year Scholarship 1995
- Business Director – Advertising – The Campaign Palace (Sydney)- 1996
- Marketing Consultancy – The Value Engineers (London)-1997-1998
- Consumer Insight Director Lion Nathan -1998-2002
- Appointed to the Board of Wanganui Collegiate School 2017- present,
- Chair of Marketing Sub Committee.
- Appointed to the Board of Alliance Meat Company – largest red meat exporter in NZ, 2018 – present
- Chair of People Committee